Monday, February 27, 2017

Game-o-Matic

I made a game about the influence of drugs on the community. The druggie needs drugs but the drugs impair the druggie. The family accompanies the druggie, hates the drugs but is confused by the druggie. The doctor helps the druggie and the druggie accompanies the doctor, and the dr. hates the drugs. The church helps everyone and hates the drugs. It is a super complicated relationship chart.



The information provided explores the difficult balancing act family and community has to deal with when drugs enter the picture. It is so hard to support and yet be deeply upset on how the druggie is behaving. The aesthetics of this game is very simple- which I like. In fact I, like Nephi, Delight in plainness. I like how it is kinda cartoony. It makes this conversation much more approachable.

I would love to do this for a particular play, charting out the different relationships that exist in a show- how a character reacts to another character or a group of characters.
I can see how this kind of a project would be helpful in my classroom. I can't wait to help them do this! Yay teaching!

1 comment:

  1. What resources did you refer to in order to find out more about this issue, and create your game?

    ReplyDelete